Join our team
Welcome to the Careers section of our website and thank you for considering DLP Limited in your current employment search.
Our business offers a wide range of opportunities, from office based positions in Finance, Procurement, Engineering and IT to our production based positions in Shower Screen Assembly, Shower Trays Manufacture and bespoke Kitchen manufacture, for products that are used to allow people to live independently for longer. Based on the Snugborough Trading Estate, just outside Douglas, we offer several employee benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 25 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays (entitlement increases with length of service)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity schemes
- Free, on-site parking
- Employee Discount Scheme
Just over 68% of our current employees have been with us for 5 years or more and this demonstrates the unique opportunity we offer to gain new skills, enjoy your work and if you wish, develop your career in a supportive team.
Our current vacancies are listed below and we also advertise on the Isle of Man job centre site.
Occasionally we use agencies, but we are keen to hear from candidates directly so if you would like to make an application, please send a CV application, accompanied by a covering letter to email@example.com
If you would like to register your interest in any potential future vacancies, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the type of position you are keen to secure. We will store your details securely in accordance with GDPR regulations in case a suitable position arises.
Message from Group CEO Nick Parsons
A very warm welcome to the AKW Holdings Group of Companies.
You have joined an organisation whose mission is to provide bespoke products for the Care market. These products are aimed at keeping the elderly and those with reduced mobility living independently in their own homes for as long as possible with safety and dignity. Should the day come when a person has to go into a residential care setting then we also supply products for Care and Nursing homes which not only provides a safe working environment for staff, but which also offers practical and comfortable solutions for the patient.
Whilst our largest market is based in the UK, we also have a growing international business based in Belgium which has the same mission and supplies similar products, mainly in France and we also export to the USA.
You are now part of an organisation which takes pride as being market leaders and innovators in the Care market. We hold many patents for innovative design and continue to strive for excellence in both product design and quality.
You are key to the development of our business. Our philosophy is to ensure all our staff develop their skills through in house training, external training courses and internal career development opportunities. Many of our Directors and Senior Managers are long serving employees who have proved themselves capable of taking on more responsibility during their time with us.
I, along with the other Directors, wish you a long, fulfilling and enjoyable employment with us.
I look forward to working with you.
Recruitment Process – Information for Candidates
We believe recruitment at DLP Limited is a two – way process and this belief informs how to conduct our recruitment process.
- The interview process offers an opportunity for us find out more about your skills and experience so we can decide if you are able to perform the role successfully. Secondly, it allows you the opportunity to find out as much as you wish about the role, team and organisation so you make an informed decision.
- We will ask you to complete a short right to work form so that we can establish your legal right to work in the Isle of Man.
- We may use Psychometric testing for some positions when we are recruiting. Further information is available from : www.thomas.co and we will explain our reasons for using this method of assessment and also offer an opportunity to receive your test results.
- Paperwork will be completed via Docusign and email with the exception of a Right to Work check. This is performed in person, along with the provision of certain documents, eg a passport or driving licence.
- All new employees receive a comprehensive and tailored induction to ensure they have a personalised welcome to our team.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Under review – coming soon
Equal Opportunities and Diversity Statement
AKW Holdings Limited and its’ subsidiaries are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment and against customers.
This policy is intended to assist our commitment to being in practice. Compliance with this policy should also ensure that employees do not commit unlawful acts of discrimination.
Striving to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment. The organisation has a separate dignity at work statement.
AKW Holdings Limited intends to treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of a protected characteristic they may possess. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be utilised to maximise the efficiency of the business.
Equal Opportunities in employment
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our employees are recognised and valued.
- Ensure every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all employees.
- Ensuring equality in the workplace as good management practice which makes sound business sense.
- We regularly review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
Employment and training
AKW Holdings Limited will treat all employees and job applicants equally and fairly and not discriminate unjustifiably against them. This will, for example, include arrangements for recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment, access to training opportunities, access to promotion and transfers, grievance and disciplinary processes, demotions, selection for redundancies, dress code, references, bonus schemes, work allocation and any other employment related activities.
Promotion and career development
Promotion within AKW Holdings Limited will be made without reference to discrimination. The selection criteria and processes for promotion will be kept under review to ensure that there is no unjustifiably discriminatory impact on any particular group.
Whilst positive action measures may be taken to encourage under-represented groups to apply for promotion opportunities, recruitment and promotion to all positions will be based solely on merit.
All employees will have equal access to training and other career development opportunities appropriate to their experience and abilities and encourage them to take up training and career development opportunities.
Promoting equality and diversity
AKW Holdings Limited is committed to promoting equality and diversity in those areas in which it has influence. All new employees receive training as part of their induction process to the organisation.
Management and employees will be aware of this policy and will be provided with equality and diversity training appropriate to their needs and responsibilities.
All those who act on behalf of the organisation will be informed of this anti-discrimination policy and will be expected to pay due regard to it when conducting business on behalf of the organisation.
In all its dealings, including those with suppliers, contractors and recruitment agencies, the organisation will seek to promote the principles of equality and diversity.
AKW Holdings Limited will make every effort to reflect its commitment to equality and diversity in its’ marketing and communication activities.